Album 69: Gildersleeves
Surnames: Gildersleeve, Brown
Locations: Massachusetts, Connecticut, Constantinopal, Rhode Island
Cost in 2004: $100.00
Scanned photos coming soon
This album didn't have many photos identified. Here is what was inside with names and photographer's mark where noted
1. "The Little Navigator"
2. no name
3. Annie ...
4. Young girl about 3 or 4 years old? Photographer Chas. D. Holmes, Worcester Mass.
5.Baby in long gown, looks like a christening. Photographer: Smith & Warren, Putnam Connecticut. On back: "George Harold Gildersleeve, at 6 months" My best guess is that the pic was taken early 1900s [There is a George Harold Gildersleeve on Ancestry's One World Tree, born 16 Jun 1898 in Connecticut to Charles Gildersleeve and Susie Corbin. He married Eleanor Shumway in Massachusetts in 1923! Is this the right man?
6. Young girl, this almost looks like a photo of a funeral display. Photographer; B. J. Kocipinski, Treboni Wittingau.
7. People sitting in what looks like a Model T car. Best guess is circa 1910s-1920s. On back "Chas. Pemperton" is crossed out and under it is "Cousin Henry - Grampa's" and under that "BROWN" inserted as a surname, and under that "His Car"
8. Man, best guess circa 1930s-40s. On back "Wally Hunt"
9. no name
10. no name
11. Young lad, in knickers, a huge bow tie and long sleeved shirt. Photographer: L. F. Bates, Providence, Rhode Island. Best guess: circa 1890s
12.Woman wearing a large cross around her neck. Photographer: R. N. Doane, New Bedford. possibly circa 1870-90
13. Young man with dark beard and mustache, in turban and large coat. Photographer L'aigle, Constantinople
Please choose from the list of online Albums or use the menu bar at the top of every page